- 4 Ripe Haas Avocados Diced or mashed
- 1tb Lemon juice
- 2 Tomatoes peeled and chop
- 1c Onions finely chopped
- 1t Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- 1tb Jalapeño Chiles – chopped (1 or 2 depending on tolerance to Picante!)
- 1tb Fresh cilantro — chopped
- Chop or mash the ripe avocado, then add the lemon or lime juice. Peel, chop and drain the tomatoes. Mix with the other ingredients.Cover and chill. Serve with tortilla chips as a dip, or over steak or chicken.
- Guacamole was made by the Aztecs as early as the 1500s. It is traditionally made by mashing ripe avocados with a molcajete with lime juice and salt.
- This is the traditional recipe. There are many variations to the basic Guacamole recipe. You can even add two teaspoons of Tequila!
Las Mañanitas is the traditional Mexican birthday song. It is so popular that it is now sung in most Latin American countries. Usually this beautiful song is sung when the birthday person wakes up or before blowing the candles on the…