- 12 Tortillas
- 12 Green Tomatillos pealed and cut in halves
- 2 Serrano Chiles
- ¼ Onion finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- ½ Garlic Clove
- 1 Cup Grated Cheese (Mexican Mix or Mozarela)
- ¾ Cup Fresh Cream chopped
- 3 Tb Vegetable Oil
- Wash and peal green tomatillos. Boil tomatillos and chilies in water until soft (Approximately 5 minutes).
- Blend the tomatillos, chiles, chopped onion and garlic until smooth. If the sauce is too thick you can add water or chicken broth until the desired consistency is reached.
- Saute blended ingredients In a medium saucepan with 1tbsp olive oil.
- In a medium saucepan dip the tortillas in the hot oil for a few seconds until soft.
- Lay tortilla flat in a dish and add greated cheese to the center and roll up. Place rolled tortilas seam side down in a medium sized baking dish. Pour sauce over them and top with cream and cheese.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes or until cheese has melted at 300° degrees.
You can substitute the grated cheese with shredded chicken.
Serve enchiladas with Refried Beans and rice.
Las Mañanitas is the traditional Mexican birthday song. It is so popular that it is now sung in most Latin American countries. Usually this beautiful song is sung when the birthday person wakes up or before blowing the candles on the…