- 12 Tortillas
- 12 Green Tomatillos pealed and cut in halves
- 2 Serrano Chiles
- ¼ Onion finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- ½ Garlic Clove
- 1 Cup Grated Cheese (Mexican Mix or Mozarela)
- ¾ Cup Fresh Cream chopped
- 3 Tb Vegetable Oil
- Wash and peal green tomatillos. Boil tomatillos and chilies in water until soft (Approximately 5 minutes).
- Blend the tomatillos, chiles, chopped onion and garlic until smooth. If the sauce is too thick you can add water or chicken broth until the desired consistency is reached.
- Saute blended ingredients In a medium saucepan with 1tbsp olive oil.
- In a medium saucepan dip the tortillas in the hot oil for a few seconds until soft.
- Lay tortilla flat in a dish and add greated cheese to the center and roll up. Place rolled tortilas seam side down in a medium sized baking dish. Pour sauce over them and top with cream and cheese.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes or until cheese has melted at 300° degrees.
You can substitute the grated cheese with shredded chicken.
Serve enchiladas with Refried Beans and rice.