1½ cups Flour
½ cups Sugar
2 Packets Dry Yeast
1t Anis Seed
½ cup Milk
½ cup Water
½ cup Butter
4½ cups Flour
- Mix all dry ingredients together except the 4 1/2 cups of flour
- In a small pan, heat the milk, the water, and the butter.
- Add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture.
- Beat well.
- Mix in the eggs and the first 1 1/2 cups of flour.
- Beat. Little by little add in the rest of the flour.
- Knead the mixture on a floured board for 10 minutes.
- Put the dough in a greased bowl and allow it to rise until it has doubled in size.
- Punch the dough down and reshape. On top put some strips of dough simulating bones, and a little ball (tear).
- Let it rise another hour.
- Bake at 350° F for about 40 minute
1/2 cup Sugar
1/3 cup fresh OrangeJuice
2 tablespoons grated Orange Zest
|Bring to a boil for 2 minutes, then apply to bread with a pastry brush.|
|Sprinkle on colored sugar while glaze is still damp.|
Feliz Día de Muertos!